Thursday, March 12, 2009

You Know How I Feel

My emotional self is gettin to me. It's makin me reevalute everything in my life. I want to become my heartfelt 14 year old self once again, but with a wiser and more confident spin. I want to be better at the things I love to do and the things I have to do and finally do what I want to do. 
I think everyone sabotages their plans in strange little ways, but most importantly, so we appreciate good when it happens -- or maybe just to make life a little more bumpy, so you know, we have sucky stories to tell each other...or laugh about...then cry...then laugh...then cry a little more...
The sweet music of Nina Simone has been helping me through these "coming of age" moments. Although, I feel a little old (21) to be "coming of age"....or maybe I'm being dramatic? and I know I'm not old. I just feel it.
Dragonfly out in the sun you know what I mean, dont you know
Butterflies all havin fun you know what I mean
Sleep in peace when day is done
Thats what I mean
And this old world is a new world
And a bold world
For me
Stars when you shine you know how I feel
Scent of the pine you know how I feel
Oh freedom is mine
And I know how I feel
-Miss Nina Simone

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

really pretty picture. and i love love love that bracelet on your sidebar!

Kassandra said...

thanks! i took it for a self portrait project a while ago. i really want that bracelet, but i think it's like 800 bucks...!

Love + Cake said...

The poem is so sweet :) I like the pics, too. I know what you mean about getting old, though I'm not there yet, I don't want to be!!

xx. mavi

Alice X said...

the poem is sooo lovely:) i'm younger but I think age is just a number and you are what you feel. it's good to be free.

alicexinwonderland.blogspot.com

Trixie La Belle said...

That's such a pretty picutre!!
Absolutely lovely poem. Love it.